Thursday, January 28, 2010

A good schedule


We have had a really good schedule this week. We go paint after work for a couple hours every afternoon, and then run home. I mix the martinis while Pat gets dressed down, and then while they are chilling in the freezer, I run up to get dressed down and Pat fixes the garnish and appetizers.

Here's a good martini named for our favorite son-in law from Gretna Va.

Gretna Gimlet

3 parts Bombay Gin (not sapphire)
1 part Martini& Rossi Vermouth

Shake in a ice filled shaker, pour into glasses and set in Freezer until ready to imbibe.
Garnish with a nicely pickled OKRA pod....(this is the south y'all)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely way to end a hard day.

    Waiting for the big snow here--again. What started out a few days ago as a forecast of wintry mix with maybe some snow has turned into a major weather event. I think y'all might be in for it, too. BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is, and today is the last big push. We have to get the ceiling painted before they put up the plywood walls because I think if paint dripped one them, we wouldn't able to get it off. My ankles are sore because when I stand on the lowest rung of the ladder, (the highest I'll go), I'm so tense.

    We're expecting 7 inches. The rector's retirement party is on Saturday and we'll all going, the nads, jeffersons and everyone in town just about. I hope the weather doesn't kill it.

    ReplyDelete