Friday, February 26, 2010

A tiny Lenten miracle

We took delivery of our Sear's appliances today. The delivery people were lovely. And, most impressive. They hand carried the reefer in using a strap upon which they balanced it. As I watched them navigate around the Brians' beautifully mitered corners without touching any of them, I made a note to cover the corners when we move. Our sons in law are lovely, helpful people who work hard for society - one is a high school teacher, the other the District Attorney for our county-good fathers and husbands...but I just don't trust them to not damage my corners.

The stacking laundry is a bit disconcerting though. As one walks down the hallway toward the front door, there are two oculi looking at you. I immediately thought of Hal, in 2001, A Space Odyssey. I hope we don't wake up one morning to find the furniture in charge.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a good Sears delivery experience since we are most likely going to order a new upright freezer from them. Funny, how you just don't pay attention to things but it wasn't until I noticed a small puddle of water in front of our upright freezer that I started thinking about just how old it is--at least 17 years, maybe as much as 18 or 19 years. So, I think we are going to buy a new one before this one just gives out on us. The trouble is that if we buy one with the same cubic feet capacity we actually get less storage space due to increased energy saving insulation, etc.
    I guess we need to be grown ups and instead of buying a larger freezer, actually pay more attention to what's in there that doesn't need to be.
    In any case, I hope my Sears delivery people are as good as yours.
    And, that wood is definitely beautiful. Too bad it's a killer. Are you sure you want it in your bathroom? BB

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the dust that is the issue. Once it's been cut and sealed it's no problem. The website actually recommends taking clean clothes with you to the workplace and to shower and change before going home.

    I think I'm going to love my freezer on the bottom reefer. I have noticed a change in our buying habits. I don't have much in the freezer but I do buy fresh vegetables, fruit and milk more and so I like having all the fresh/dairy products on top. I also got the double door rather than one big door and no ice/water dispenser. It had been so long since we ordered the appliances, I actually couldn't remember what I'd bought and so was very thankful it was, indeed, what I wanted.

    ReplyDelete