Saturday, February 20, 2010

Here Comes the Sun





A fine day for setting out big sheets of cherry plywood which will become the cabinet on the stairs as well as part of our kitchen. I had to help carry them out so that I could apply the Spar polyeurethane, sand and re-apply. Great day, very sunny and the warmest we've been in months. Not much breeze so no bugs got on them.
Thank goodness, one of the younger men of the crew came by just in time for a quick visit. Pat snagged him to help carry them back inside.

Those are the ugly solar panels atop the roof.

This is a picture of a very pretty corner. Not so young Brian really works at getting just the right combinations of sheets of plywood to make very nice, pretty surprises all over the house. ( of course, you have to love wood to get excited about this sort of thing.)



These pics show the detail that Thom is putting into the doorway. This is lovely joiner work where two doors meet at a corner. It is almost like a column in the house.



This is a detail picture. My memory card on my camera is locked, I can't figure out how to unlock it so I had to use my crummy cell phone. I hope these work out.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There should be a small switch on the side of your card. Just switch it to the unlocked position.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nope, not there. This is a little sd card. Could it be locked if I've used it too many times?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I found the little switch! It works. Thank you so much! I thought I'd abused it once too many times by just yanking it out of my laptop once I'd downloaded it.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete