Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Searstime

OUR FAX WORKED!
And just in the nick of time. To celebrate we're heading to Sears tonight. They are having a big appliance sale and they will hold the stuff until we need it. I have already picked out the refrigerator, a freezer on the bottom model. One of our daughters has it and they like it very much. I find I need more fridge room on top because with our shrinking household, we just don't have that much need to open the freezer, mainly to access the cocktail necessities of life and ice cream for the grandkids. Although Julia Child hated her freezer on the bottom. In one of her episodes, she was bending down to put something in it and complained about it being designed for "pygmies." We now buy our groceries weekly and not keeping massive amounts of food in readiness since we're not feeding 4 hungry girls and whoever they bring home for dinner. And let me say, in my experience, both having been raised in estrogen heavy household, and then running one- girls eat WAY MORE FOOD than boys. One of my sisters told me once that she usually stopped eating when she got tired of chewing.
Right now I have a Jenn-air stove, with the dual ovens. I like the dual ovens, but the upper smaller one doesn't heat as accurately as the lower, larger one, and the stove top, while having five burners, cannot accommodate three large pots at once. Although our children are all out now, we still cook for the hordes because of family dinners so I'm looking for a larger gas cooktop. And once again, I think Sears has it.
Pat is meeting with our builder to discuss the steel beams in the roof. THINGS ARE HAPPENING! This is so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment