Friday, September 4, 2009

No sweet tea for YOU!








The two pipes embedded in the wall are the conduits for the water to go through to heat the floor.


The mason who is building the concrete wall which will envelope the slab floor told me he liked the house.
I, of course was thrilled.
"I was riding a bike through Oberlin, Ohio and saw a little house that this one reminds me of," he continued. "And on a plaque it said it was a Frank Lloyd Wright House."

"OF COURSE," I was also thrilled that someone who didn't know, recognized this little house for what it is. And we had a nice talk about usonians and all that and by the end of the conversation, I think he forgave me for not bringing him biscuits and sweet tea.




This house is very similar to the one we're building. I didn't think anything would induce me to return to N.E. Ohio, but this may do it..

No comments:

Post a Comment