Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fibber McGee

We are attacking our hall closet today. It could be scary.

There are things under the stairway, where the closet is located, that I don't want in the new house, because obviously, I wouldn't have stuck them back behind Mom's blue winter coat I still wear. But, I don't want to get rid of them yet. So, I guess we'll put them in the basement of the biz building and let the girls make decisions about pictures of people they never knew.

On another note, there was an article in the Raleigh N&O about a house with the same "poliwog" design (as Mr. Frank called it.) Only to mind my, they had no privacy. The whole point of the L shape is that the inside of the L faces the woods so you have a semi-courtyard. If the L is open to the road, no matter how far back it is from the street, you have no privacy.

The bedroom wing's clerestory windows have been framed. We're thinking we may eliminate ONE window which would enable us to put some Ikea closets in there, AND, the big concern, is that my IKEA bathroom cabinet will not fit in the place we have designated for it. We even measured twice. (You know the rule, measure twice, cut once.)







2 comments:

  1. I have tubs of photos in our basement. A lot of them are photos of a bunch of old Finns that I don't know but may be related to. But still, you just can't throw out photos, can you? It feels almost like throwing out the person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I had dozens of small finnish bibles given by and to Vilho. We finally burned them in the front yard..Mentioned my guilt to the Rector and he told me take a pill. It wasn't that bad.

    ReplyDelete